Many experts predicted that post-pandemic, people will travel to a nearby location and as a road trip will explore places. As domestic travel will be boosted up post-pandemic due to Corona, one need to be careful rather than being carefree.
Follow these steps to stay healthy and careful when you do a road trip and also explore the place happily rather than getting sick during your travels.
- Sanitize your car before to prevent germsThis is one of the most important things to do before you head off for a road trip, use alcohols based disinfectant and sanitize the objects that are most commonly touched such as Steering Wheel, Gear stick, Window buttons, Seat belt and hand rest. Rub each surface thoroughly so that you won’t leave a mark and also don’t rub these objects back and forth.
- Carry essential itemsWhile on-road travel you are bound to encounter many people, things and also due to a sudden change in weather conditions you might feel sick. Hence, it is better to carry essential items such as Alcohol-based tissues, sanitizers, disinfectants and gloves. These items will be your major saviours as when you want to sneeze you can use those disposable tissues if you meet a person or touch an object outside you can use the sanitizers also, make sure whenever you touch an object and feel that is not hygienic immediately use sanitizer or alcohol-based tissue to wipe off those germs.
- MasksOne of the most essential items that should be on everyone’s list is Mask. Stock up on masks before you head out and it would be more helpful if you can get a hold on the reusable and washable masks. These would help you and your close members with a risk to avoid catching those germs. Also, make sure you tend to purchase more than 1 as you might not know what will happen where in road travel as you tend to meet many people.
- Pack LightAs you tend to go on a domestic trip and also we guess not moving outside of the state, tend to pack light. Do not pack many items also do not miss to pack essential items, scarfs, mufflers, raincoat, umbrella etc as you might not know how the weather might change. Do not ever miss to carry disinfectants as cleaning the surface is one of the ways to prevent Covid-19. Tend to pack items which are reusable and washable so that you could stay germ-free by washing those items every time.
- Digital PaymentsTravelling to a place and spending money goes hand in hand, however as coronavirus can be spread from contact, tend to use digital payments instead of cash transaction. This might help both the people to avoid covid transmission. In India, there are many such digital payments such as GPay, PhonePay, PayTM etc. And many shops will be having QR code which makes it easy for cashless transaction.
Carry enough food and cutlery which will help you to stay away from the germs. If you are not sure about the quality of the restaurant and food that is provided at the location it is better that you carry your own food and cutlery. If possible clean the cutlery before using with disinfectant and also do not forget to wash your hands with soap at least 20 seconds before.
Last but not the least follow basic hygiene practices and follow social distancing to help you stay away from those germs and also be updated with the cases and treatment condition beforehand so that it would help you for safer travels.
The post Follow these steps for a safer road trip post CoronaVirus Covid-19 appeared first on MacroTraveller.