According to information from Etihad Airways, International Passengers arriving at the airport of Abu Dhabi will now be fitted with a tracking device which will help the government to keep a track of people undergoing quarantine. This tracking device should be worn by passengers during the whole 14 day quarantine period and will be removed after 14 days after they land into the country.
UAE has been seeing a daily rise of Coronavirus Infection and it rose to record digits and the officials are blaming people as they are not practising Social Distancing, hence the new rule will be followed by the officials.
The statement also said that those passengers who are arriving at Abu Dhabi airport will be fitted with a medically approved wristband and will be removed after 14-days of home quarantine and the passengers arriving from the countries that have a high risk of infection will have to undergo quarantine at the government facility.
The health ministry said that in the previous 2 weeks, 12% of cases have raised due to international arrivals and the rest 88% due to people gathering in large groups. Hence, the cases of Coronavirus is rising daily.
Currently, only UAE citizens can enter the country via Abu Dhabi Airport. However, foreign citizens can enter via Dubai.
The post Abu Dhabi asks passengers to wear Covid-19 tracking device appeared first on MacroTraveller.